Information We Collect from You
Whenever you, or someone representing you, books or stays at Sojo Stay's serviced ccommodations, we may gather the following details:
- Complete name and title
- Residential address
- Contact number(s)
- Email address(es)
- Date of birth
- Associated company details, if any
- Records of your past bookings or stays with Sojo Stay
- Room preferences
- Details about other occupants accompanying you, such as the number of adults and children
- Travel plans, inclusive of vehicle registration if relevant
- Specifics of the payment method utilized, including card type, expiry, and the card's last four digits
- Any inquiries or special requests pertinent to your booking
- Your promotional communication preferences
For certain verifications at the time of check-in, we might request original identification documents like passports or driving licenses.
When interacting with our website, even if no reservations are made, we collect technical user data. This encompasses electronic identifiers like your IP address and insights on your activity on our site. For an in-depth understanding, refer to the 'Cookies' section.
Sensitive Personal Information
Information You Provide to Us
We utilize the details you furnish to:
- Facilitate a booking agreement and establish a Sojo Stay account ("User Account"), specifically to:
- Administer and maintain your User Account;
- Manage your reservations and booking preferences, ensuring you gain access to the booked serviced apartment or aparthotel room;
- Confirm and process payments made via our platform; and
- Keep you informed regarding modifications to our Services.
For regions where Sojo Stay doesn't operate or lacks availability, we collaborate with third party serviced apartment and hotel providers ("Hotel Partners"). Should you reserve accommodations through one of our Hotel Partners, your personal details will be employed to finalize the booking and will be shared with the respective Partner. This ensures the accommodation is prepped for your arrival and facilitates communication in case of concerns.
If you've given your consent for marketing communications, where legally required or otherwise under our legitimate interests (which won't supersede your right to dissent), we might share with you information about Services that could be of interest. If you wish to opt out of our marketing communications, you can: * Update your contact preferences in your User Account; * Click on the "unsubscribe" option present at the end of all our marketing correspondences, or * Reach out to us directly at [email protected]
For our legitimate interests, we aim to: * Render our platform's content user-friendly across your devices; and * Address your queries and fulfil your information requests efficiently.Information Gathered Through Your Use of Our Services:
The data we acquire from your interactions with our Services is pivotal in our genuine interests to:
- Efficiently operate and optimise our platform and Services, identifying potential issues;
- Better understand user behaviour, thus refining and customising the user experience;
- Ensure the safety and security of our platform; and
- Present you with relevant advertisements and promotional content.
For a detailed breakdown of how this data is used, mainly related to our digital identifiers, please refer to the "Cookies" section below
Sharing your information with others:
To effectively offer our Services, we collaborate with a select group of esteemed third parties. This involves sharing your details with:
- Our chosen third-party payment processors, ensure seamless payment for your bookings;
- Service providers we engage with, crucial for ensuring building security, maintaining cleanliness, catering, and gathering post-stay feedback;
- Marketing associates who assist in tailoring our advertising outreach, specifically if you're part of our promotional communications list;
- Our affiliate businesses for internal operational needs; and
- Partners (as highlighted in the earlier section) to simplify the booking process with them on your behalf
Moreover, we may share your details with third parties in specific scenarios:
- Should there be any sale or transfer of a segment or all of our business or assets. In such cases, we would share relevant details to ensure business continuity, always adhering to the guidelines of this Policy;
- If Sojo Stay gets procured by another entity, the information about our clients will fall under the acquiring party's jurisdiction;
- Whenever legally mandated, if we must disclose or circulate your personal information to adhere to statutory requirements, uphold or invoke our supply terms, or safeguard the rights, assets, and safety of Sojo Stay, our clientele, or other parties. This might involve information exchanges with external firms and organizations, aiming to prevent fraud, reduce credit risks, and counteract cyber threats.
How long do we keep your information?
We are committed to retaining your personal information only for the duration essential to serve the purposes for which it was gathered. This also includes meeting any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations. Excluding data related to Cookies (which is covered in designated sections of this policy), we have established this retention period to be 7 years from your last stay's date with us. This may be extended if required for any investigations or potential claims. Post this duration, your data will either be permanently deleted or rendered unidentifiably anonymous.
Cookies and other Technologies
Our website employs cookies and similar technologies, including device IDs, in-app codes, pixel tags, and web beacons. These tools typically access or transfer specific data or code to your computer's hard drive or mobile device. Their primary purpose is to store and at times, track data about your interactions. Such technologies ensure that your device is recognised when you interact with websites and digital services. They help manage various features, save your searches, and offer personalised content.
By using these technologies, our website assigns a unique device ID to your device, allowing us to differentiate you from other users. This distinction ensures a smoother experience when navigating our site and provides us with insights for further improvements.
Some of the cookies and technologies we use remain active only during your web or app session, getting deactivated once you close the browser or exit the site. However, some persist and recall your details when you return to our website.
Cookies vital for contract execution or based on our legitimate interests (where we've deemed your rights don't surpass these interests) are termed as 'strictly necessary cookies'. All other cookies are activated with your permission.
We categorise the cookies used on our site as follows:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies Essential for our website's operation, these cookies permit actions like logging into secure site areas or using e-commerce functionalities.
- Functionality Cookies These remember you upon your return, allowing us to tailor our content, address you personally, and recall your choices, such as language or region. Typical lifespan ranges between 1-5 years.
- Analytical Cookies By identifying the number and behaviour of visitors, these cookies guide us in enhancing our site's functionality, ensuring users easily find what they're searching for. They typically last 90 days.
- Performance Cookies Helping us track site visits and traffic origins, these cookies support our efforts in site performance enhancement. They gather aggregated, anonymous data pinpointing popular or unpopular pages and tracking user movement. If blocked, we lose the ability to monitor site performance effectively. Their average duration is 3-12 months.
- Targeting Cookies Documenting your interactions, the visited pages, and following links, these cookies inform us about your preferences. With your consent, we might share this data with third parties to refine our site and advertisements. They usually last for a year.
- Social Media Cookies Streamlining our social media management, these cookies facilitate content sharing and allow us to gauge your interactions with us. We might share this data with third parties to enhance our site and services. They generally remain active for a year.
We also collaborate with ad networks that collate data about your interactions on our website and other online platforms. This could lead to you encountering our ads on third-party sites or services. To learn more about disabling this feature, refer below.
- Disabling Cookies Turning off cookies might affect your user experience and may cause some site functionalities to malfunction. If you wish to disable cookies on our site, adjust your browser's settings.
- WhatsApp Data Use Policy Our services integrate with WhatsApp, a messaging platform used globally. This integration allows us to streamline communication, enhance user support, and offer real-time assistance. Here's how we handle data related to WhatsApp:
- Messages: Any messages sent to us via WhatsApp are treated with the utmost confidentiality. While these messages may be stored for a certain duration for customer service purposes, they are not used for marketing activities without explicit user consent
- Contact Details: If you contact us using WhatsApp, your phone number and profile name may be stored. This information is purely used to identify and communicate with you.
- Media: Any media (pictures, videos, documents) you send via WhatsApp will be stored securely and only be used in the context of our conversation.
- Links: Our WhatsApp messages might contain links to our services or relevant resources. These links can be clicked and opened in your preferred web browser.
- Security: WhatsApp messages are end-to-end encrypted, ensuring that they can only be read by the intended recipient. However, we urge users not to share sensitive personal information or payment details via WhatsApp.
- User Consent: You've mentioned that some cookies require user consent. Consider implementing a clear mechanism on your site where users can give or withhold their consent, such as a cookie banner or popup that appears when a user first visits your site.
- Third-Party Cookies: If you use third-party cookies (e.g., from advertisers, social media platforms, or analytics providers), explicitly mention that these third parties might also collect user data and direct users to their respective privacy policies.
- Data Retention: Even though you've specified the typical duration for each cookie type, it might be beneficial to add a general statement on how long you retain user data gathered from cookies and when or if this data is purged.
- Children's Privacy: If your site is accessible to individuals under the age of 18 (or another age, depending on jurisdiction), ensure you have a statement regarding children's privacy and the steps you take to protect their data.
- Data Protection Rights: Depending on the jurisdiction, users might have additional rights concerning their data, such as the right to data portability, the right to object, and rights related to automated decision-making. Make sure you're aware of these rights and have processes in place to facilitate them.
Protection of your Data
The data you entrust to us is safely stored either on our fortified servers or those of trusted third-party partners. We ensure customer data resides within well-guarded data centers, employing top-notch industry protection measures, and apply encryption where appropriate. Access to this data is meticulously segmented based on roles and user privileges.
For specific sections of our website, you might be provided with or have chosen a password. It's pivotal for you to maintain the confidentiality of this password. Kindly refrain from sharing it with others.
It's worth noting that while the internet offers numerous conveniences, it doesn't promise absolute security. We are dedicated to safeguarding your personal information to the best of our abilities. However, sending data over the internet comes with inherent risks. Should any information be compromised during transmission, know that it wasn't for a lack of effort on our part. Upon receiving your data, we adopt stringent security protocols and measures to deter unauthorized breaches.
Occasionally, our website might feature links to external platforms. We'd like to emphasise that we hold no authority over, nor responsibility for, the privacy practices or content of such external sites.
Under specific conditions, you possess the following rights regarding your personal data:
- To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, such as your name and address;
- To seek rectification or deletion of inaccurate data in our possession;
- To ask us to limit the handling of your data, particularly during periods when we're addressing your concerns about this information;
- To express your reservations about the continued processing of your data, inclusive of your right to object to our promotional outreach (as detailed in the 'Our Communication and Updates' segment); and
- To request the transfer of the personal information you provided to another entity
Your Right to Revoke Consent:
Should we be managing your data based on the consent you provided, remember that you have the privilege to retract that consent at any point. You can effortlessly do this by visiting this specific privacy portal.
Additionally, you can amend your promotional communication preferences anytime either by using the 'unsubscribe' option in our emails or by sending a direct request to [email protected].
Should you find our response or solution to your queries or concerns inadequate, you have the option to consult your local data protection regulatory body. For those based in the UK, the Information Commissioner supervises personal data security and can offer further insights about your entitlements and our obligations: UK Information Commissioner's Office.
Where we store your data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK or European Economic Area ("EEA") that may not be subject to equivalent Data Protection Law.
Where your information is transferred outside the UK or EEA, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is subject to appropriate safeguards, such as relying on a recognised legal adequacy mechanism, and that it is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.